Easy lessons in ‘horse speak’ for pony-mad kids. This lovely book, chock full of beautiful colour photographs, explains the basics of horse body language and how to ‘talk back’. With a focus on groundwork that is safe and fun for children, it provides and introduction to natural horsemanship and shows how good communication can keep you safe in everything you do with your horse.
• Shows you how horses use body language to communicate.
• Provides an introduction to easy groundwork exercises you can do to learn to read your horse’s body language.
• Shows you how you can use your own posture and movement to ask your horse to go forward, stop, turn, and follow.
• Includes a ‘horse-speak’ dictionary of common horse body signals to help get you started.
• For 6-10 year olds
• An introduction to natural horsemanship for children
• By the same authors as RIDING FREE